Udo77
xstormtrooperx
Dexter
Sarge
TobyW
20 verfasser

Seite 2 von 3 Zurück  1, 2, 3  Weiter

Nach unten

Schickt Frans (NL) zur WM! Jetzt mit Spielbericht von der WM - Seite 3 Empty Re: Schickt Frans (NL) zur WM! Jetzt mit Spielbericht von der WM

Beitrag  Sarge Do 24 Sep 2015, 20:59

Na dann hat sich die Geschichte ja gelohnt.
Grüß mal die Jungs in der Niederländischen Community ganz herzlich!!! Schickt Frans (NL) zur WM! Jetzt mit Spielbericht von der WM - Seite 3 2380918332
Sarge
Sarge
Boarding Team Mos Eisley
Boarding Team Mos Eisley

http://www.moseisleyraumhafen.de/

Nach oben Nach unten

Schickt Frans (NL) zur WM! Jetzt mit Spielbericht von der WM - Seite 3 Empty Re: Schickt Frans (NL) zur WM! Jetzt mit Spielbericht von der WM

Beitrag  Enno Do 24 Sep 2015, 21:15

oha da war ich nun zu spät dran !

Enno
Mitglied der Ehrengarde
Mitglied der Ehrengarde

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  Udo77 Fr 13 Nov 2015, 01:01

Mit der Erlaubnis von Frans (Niederlande) hier sein Erfahrungsbericht von der WM:

Now that Worlds is over I finally have time to write a report. It has been almost a week ago so I might miss some details. I arrived Monday last week around 21:00 local time after a 14 hour flight with transfer in Philadelphia. The first night I slept in a hotel room near the Mall of America (google it, there is a Sea life and theme park inside...) before meeting up with Blair who had offered to share his hotel room with me for the rest of the week. He is one of the nicest guys I have met and I really hope I can meet him again (next year for example).
Preparation

The big question beforehand was what squad to bring to Worlds. Having flown Soontir during regionals and the Dutch Nationals and Brobots at the Belgian nationals I felt the choice was between these two squads: Soontir & Obsidians and double IGs. It was not an easy choice.
There were a couple of things I had to keep in mind:

1. Palpatine Shuttle + aces lists. With Soontir & Obsidians I had good success against this build so far. With 6 ships it is possible to kill the shuttle in around 2 rounds and there are enough ships to block the enemy aces so my opponent will have to fly them safely. IGs on the other hand could have a big problem with this type of list, because it's a lot easier for the aces to arcdodge them.
2. Crackshot. A card in the new wave that suddenly became popular a month to a few weeks ago. Especially on IGs with HLC, FCS and Glitterstim this can hurt. If an IG with this combo can get Soontir in his arc he is almost sure to get one or more hits through. Oneshotting Obsidians should not be a problem either. Against IGs it's good as well, but they have more hit points so can take the damage more easily.
3. Stress dealers. Both Soontir and IGs don't like to get multiple stress tokens. Soontir is pretty much dead without actions. IGs get a lot more predictable, might have trouble keeping enemies in their arcs and will suffer more damage.
4. Twin Laser Turrets. It would almost be certain I would face lists with TLTs, but both Soontir+Obsidians and IGs can deal with them efficiently.
In the end I decided to go for Soontir and the Obsidians. I figured I would do better with it against the Palpshuttle + aces. In addition it is easier for Soontir to dodge arcs of ships with R3A2/tacticians. I just hoped not to face too much Crackshot IGs. Because they need their FCS + B-ability to set up good shots I figured they would not do that good against low agility ships and might not be played that much.

So my list:
Soontir with PTL, Title, Stealth Device, Autothrusters.
5x Obsidian Squadron pilot
Total: 100pts

On to the tournament itself. We would be playing 8 rounds of Swiss on the first day with a cut to top 16 on the second day. With a total number of participants between 250 and 300 it meant that all players going 8-0 or 7-1 would make it for sure with a couple of players with 6-2 and good margin of victory also making it.
Because of winning the Dutch nationals I had a bye for the first round and could spend the time looking at other games and lists that were being played. Additional benefit was I had some time to get lunch as the first break would not be until after round 4, which was around 16:30.
1-0

Round 2 vs Matt Olsen. Matt brought IG B&C, both with Mangler Predator Sensor Jammer, Inertial Sampeners, Title and Autothrusters.
I was glad to see Sensor Jammer on them instead of Advanced Sensors or Fire Control System. While it is good against TLTs there is no benefit against ships with focus tokens. Not having advanced sensors makes their moves a lot more predictable.
I set up in the left corner with my swarm and Soontir. He put his IGs in the centre of his side. Ties went forward and Soontir turned right to come in from the side if he went for the Obsidians. If not I would be able to get the Obsidians in his flank. Matt went straight for the Obsidians, Soontir turned in and the 2nd turn I had a shot at IG-B with Soontir and all Obsidians on either range 1 or 2 killing it in one turn (picture attached to this post is from the turn after). This was already the game. I spent several turns chasing his other IG with my swarm and Soontir before eventually killing him. I lost one Tie Fighter.
2-0

Round 3 vs Nathan Eide. Nathan had Poe with VI, Autothrusters, R5P9. Corran Horn with PTL, FCS, R2D2. Prototype A-Wing with Chardaan refit. This would be an interesting game. If I can block one of the aces and shoot him with multiple ships and keep him targeted I should be able to finish him. If Nathan could get away and regenerate it would be a hard game.
I deployed in the right corner. Nathan spread his ships. Poe went right across from my swarm, the Prototype in the center and Corran on the left. First turn I moved 5 forward and was quite surprised by Nathan doing a 1-forward with Poe. I had expected him to turn Poe away to lead me into a chase. Doing a 1-forward meant he would not be able to get away completely on turn 2, even with a boost. I decide to go 5 forward again. Nathan did a turn and boost this time, but could not get away far enough. Soontir and my whole swarm had mostly range 2 and a couple of range 3 shots and I killed Poe in one turn of shooting.. I took the picture at the start of the 3rd turn. The A-wing moved towards my swarm. I did a 1-turn left with the Tie Fighters and Soontir went around the asteroid. Corran moves towards range 1 of a Tie Fighter. This time all my ships have range 2 shots on the Prototype and it dies in the same turn. Corran double taps an Obsidian. So I have Soontir & 4 Obsidians left against Corran. It started to look like a really quick match, but unfortunately that was not the case. I spent the rest of the game chasing Corran while Nathan tried to double tap Tie Fighters. Nathan flew really well and the times I could get multiple shots on him I did not do enough damage or he just regenerated. When time was called it was Corran against Soontir and an Obsidian. Both having 48 pts left it meant it was a draw. Nathan ended up losing the final against Paul Heaver.
2-0-1

Round 4 vs Ryan Voight. His squad consisted of Miranda Doni with tlt & tactician, y-wing with R3A2+TLT+title, Eden vrill with Flechete Cannon & tactician.
A lot of stress dealing possibilities with Eden Vrill getting an extra attack die when shooting against a ship with stress. I would have to keep Soontir out of arc or I would have a problem. But if I could do that I should be fine. I started on the left, moved forward and k-turned while Ryan moved around the asteroid and debris field. The picture is from the 2nd or 3rd turn. I bank left to meet his YT-2400 head on and get Soontir behind the Y-wing. I get a good round of shooting on the YT and the turn after can kill the Y-wing. After that I manage to kill Eden Vrill and eventually the game ends with Miranda, Soontir and 2 or 3 Obsidians left on the board.
3-0-1.

So halfway through the tournament and still going good enough to make the cut. I need three wins in the last four games. Blair is in the same spot with a 4-0 with one modified win.
Round 5 vs Christopher(?). Brobots B&C with HLC, Glitterstim, Crackshot, FCS, AT and title.
This is the list I really did not want to face. One IG with these upgrades can almost certainly get damage through on Soontir. If two can get a shot they can kill him easily. The few times I tested against this list, it wiped me off the board. I would have to fly really well to win this one.

I started in the left corner, the IGs on the top right at the other side of the board. We both moved forward and 2nd turned turned towards the center. Soontir moved around the top left asteroid to come in from the side. First range 3 shots did not deal damage and the turn after that my opponent goes for Soontir. I predict this correctly and make IG-C bump onto a rock while arcdodging IG-B by going 5 forward with Soontir (result is in the picture). So far so good. IG-C uses Glitterstim and both IGs take some damage.
The next few turns I keep blocking him and getting more damage through. He kills a couple of Tie Fighters with both IGs. At that point I have Soontir and two Tie Fighters left. IG-C is at one hull and IG-B has one or two shields left. To win this game I have to get IG-C off the board and IG-B to at least half health. Soontir and the Tie Fighers get several shots at C but do not manage to kill him. Since IG-B had already used Crackshot I took a little more risk to get good shots at IG-C with Soontir, staying at range 3 of him with tokens, but allowing some shots. He might get a hit through but they are unlikely to be crits or kill Soontir in one go. I figure if I get IG-C off the board I can take a hit/lose my Stealth Device and after that stay out of arc of IG-B. Alas het gets a crit through and of all the crits there are it is one you really don't want to see on Soontir: Damaged Sensor Array (no actions..). I do not manage to repair it next turn and my opponent gets two shots at a tokenless Soontir with IG-B. I save the first one but after reminding my opponent he can shoot a second time Soontir is dead. In the remainder of the game I do kill IG-C before my Tie Fighters get killed.
3-1-1 and I will have to win all remaining games to make the cut.

Round 6 vs Jon Christensen - Super Dash (PTL, HLC, Kyle Katarn, Outrider, Engine) & Corran Horn (VI, FCS, R2D2)
Jon was a really nice guy and we spent quite some time chatting during our game. With a 22-hour drive to get to Worlds he actually had a longer trip than I had.
His list can be a tough list to beat. Especially if Dash survives long enough. With the HLC and possibility of TL and focus every turn Tie Fighters die easily. In addition I need multiple ships to block Corran and keep the pressure on him, otherwise he will just regenerate.
I concentrate on Dash first. With stress on him from PTL he is easy to predict and I can block him for several turns. At some point he manages to get away but I pursue with Soontir and get the last couple of Hull points off. At this point I think I had 4 Tie Fighters left as well. I go after Corran, who I keep on a debris field for two turns, and manage to kill him in a couple of turns.
4-1-1

Round 7 vs Chris(?) Captain Oicunn with Emperor Palpatine and Darth Vader crew & Whisper with VI, FCS, Gunner, Advanced Cloaking.
Another tough list to face. Whisper in combination with FCS, Gunner and Palpatine can easily one shot Tie Fighters. Oicunn with Darth Vader means he can just put crits on Soontir to take him out. If I want to win this I have to kill Oicunn fast before he takes out Soontir.
I put my ships in the right corner. My opponent places Oicunn across the board from my swarm facing to the left with Whisper in front of him. I move forward with my swarm. Soontir turns left to delay his entry to within range 3 of Oicunn. My opponent bumps Oicunn into Whisper to stay in place, while Whisper moved forward a little. I expect him to turn in left. It is a trick I have seen several times. My opponent hopes I will bank to the left because he thinks I expect him to go forward and expose my flank this way. So I decide to go 5 forward again. If he turns in I guessed right and my opponent is in trouble. If he does go forward I can just turn to the left next turn. Like I expected he turns left right into my swarm. In the ensuing shooting phase he kills one Tie Fighter while I get Oicunn into his hull. This is the moment the picture is taken.
Unfortunately at this point I make two critical mistakes that will cost me the game. I worry too much about blocking his turn right that I forget to block the 4-forward. He does a 4-forward and clears my last Tie Fighter. They don't have a shot. 2nd mistake is that I forget to barrel roll Soontir out of Oicuns path while he banks in. Soontir takes a crit from Vader and is dead for sure next turn because Oicunn can just bump into him and take him out with Darth Vader after that. My opponent indeed does that leaving Oicunn with one hull. In the end I cannot get the Decimator off the board. Whisper kills the Tie Fighters one by one.
4-2-1 and no chance of making the cut.

Round 8 vs Peter Hansen - Vader (Predator, Title, Engine, ATC), Soontir (PTL, title, AT, Stealth Device), Colzet (title, accuracy corrector).
Another really nice opponent. Peter has actually lived in the Netherlands for some time. Unfortunately no possibility of returning any time soon with 6 kids at home.
He plays a list I should be able to defeat. I have enough Tie Fighters to block his ships and once I do I should be able to get enough concentrated fire on it to kill it. The picture was taken at the start of the 3rd turn. I turn into his Soontir who flies away. The Tie Advanceds k-turn. Next turn I turn everything into the Tie Advanceds. Although I fly well nothing this game goes my way:

I get two turns of decent shooting on Colzet but cannot get any damage on him. I block his Soontir and have range 1 shots on him with my turtled Soontir and a Tie Fighter. All hits from my Soontir are saved and he oneshots the Tie Fighter with hit+direct hit, while turn he kills another Tie Fighter with a R3 shot from Colzet in the same . I block his Darth Vader on a rock for two turns but cannot get damage on him. Colzet eventually joins him on the same rock and is finally killed. In the end all I get off the table is Colzet while Peter has killed three Tie Fighters.
Another loss and I end up 4-3-1.

In the end this was enough for the 90th place. Not what I had hoped for. Except for the 7th round I was pretty content with my flying. Unfortunately some bad luck cost me another two games. If I had won one of those I would have ended 40th. I had a great day though with a lot of great opponents who definitely knew how to play x-wing.
The rest of the week I participated in several of the side events organized by Fantasy Flight Games.
Friday evening I teamed up with Jean-Christophe, the National champion of France, for Team Epic and had one of the best games ever against Ira and Frank, two really nice guys. Conclusion form that game: 4 IGs with HLC and AS are brutal..

Saturday there was a three round Team Armada tournament, again with Jean-Christophe in what we already started calling Team 'Old Europe'. We had to borrow a couple of ships and it were my first games of Armada ever, but we finished in 4th place (out of 8).
Sunday was the last day of Worlds and there was a x-wing wrap up tournament with no less than 60 players. I think I had played too much games for one week because I made some really stupid mistakes like flying an IG of the table in the 3rd turn of a game... I went 2-2 in the end.
All in all a great experience. Plans have already been made to go with a larger group of Dutch people next year. All I have to do is save enough money the coming 12 months.
Udo77
Udo77
Kriegsheld des MER

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  Drachenzorn Sa 14 Nov 2015, 00:54

Danke Udo, hatte den Bericht auch schon bei Facebook gelesen, aber gar nicht daran gedacht, ihn hier zu teilen.
Schade, dass Frans es nicht in den Cut geschafft hat, ich gehe aber fest davon aus, dass wir von ihm noch einiges sehen & hören werden.

Boarding Team Mos Eisley
Boarding Team Mos Eisley

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  Sarge Sa 14 Nov 2015, 07:43

Na toll............wieder Fünf Euronen fehlinvestiert! Schickt Frans (NL) zur WM! Jetzt mit Spielbericht von der WM - Seite 3 971573457
Sarge
Sarge
Boarding Team Mos Eisley
Boarding Team Mos Eisley

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  Yoda seine Mudda Sa 14 Nov 2015, 13:06

Sarge schrieb:Na toll............wieder Fünf Euronen fehlinvestiert!
Exakt meine erster Gedanke...

andererseits....
Es gab mal eine Zeit, da habe ich geglaubt das Meta der Aktienmärkte vorraussagen zu können.
Stichwort: Hyporealestate Schickt Frans (NL) zur WM! Jetzt mit Spielbericht von der WM - Seite 3 3937720041 Schickt Frans (NL) zur WM! Jetzt mit Spielbericht von der WM - Seite 3 3937720041 Schickt Frans (NL) zur WM! Jetzt mit Spielbericht von der WM - Seite 3 3937720041
Yoda seine Mudda
Yoda seine Mudda
Einwohner des MER

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  Sarge Sa 14 Nov 2015, 13:17

Naja..........negative Vorhersagen können auch sehr lukrativ sein.
Versuch es doch mal so rum. Schickt Frans (NL) zur WM! Jetzt mit Spielbericht von der WM - Seite 3 377612346
Sarge
Sarge
Boarding Team Mos Eisley
Boarding Team Mos Eisley

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  Yoda seine Mudda Sa 14 Nov 2015, 13:27

Ich setzte 5€ das folgende Personen NICHT
X-Wing Weltmeister 2016 werden:

-Sarge

-Ich

..und natürlich Dalli!
Yoda seine Mudda
Yoda seine Mudda
Einwohner des MER

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  Rafter2k Sa 14 Nov 2015, 20:47

Yoda seine Mudda schrieb:Ich setzte 5€ das folgende Personen NICHT
X-Wing Weltmeister 2016 werden:

-Sarge

-Ich

..und natürlich Dalli!

TK-Totlach Schickt Frans (NL) zur WM! Jetzt mit Spielbericht von der WM - Seite 3 3937720041 TK-Totlach Schickt Frans (NL) zur WM! Jetzt mit Spielbericht von der WM - Seite 3 2717214276

Einwohner des MER

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  Sarge So 15 Nov 2015, 06:20

Oha.........ich glaube Dallis Ehrgeiz wurde jetzt geweckt!
Mir ist es tatsächlich banane.......obwohl........
Die drei unterm Avatar Schickt Frans (NL) zur WM! Jetzt mit Spielbericht von der WM - Seite 3 Ew0j-3s2-ec1c wären schon geil!!! Schickt Frans (NL) zur WM! Jetzt mit Spielbericht von der WM - Seite 3 2537002330
Sarge
Sarge
Boarding Team Mos Eisley
Boarding Team Mos Eisley

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  Dalli So 15 Nov 2015, 09:56

Da gehe ich mit - man kann da max. gegen Heaver im Finale ausscheiden. TK-Totlach

Pilot im Fokus
Dalli
Dalli
Mitglied der Ehrengarde
Mitglied der Ehrengarde

Nach oben Nach unten

Beitrag  Gesponserte Inhalte

Gesponserte Inhalte

Nach oben Nach unten

Seite 2 von 3 Zurück  1, 2, 3  Weiter